Thursday, October 28, 2010

Old Southern Red Velvet Cake @ Food For Thought


And this is the reason why I ventured out of my usual "lunch zone" -- Food For Thought's Old Southern Red Velvet Cake.

Ever since I tried Stefanie's Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, I've been trying to find all things red velvet in Singapore -- cupcakes, cakes, cheesecakes, it doesn't matter. I want to find the best one so when my red velvet craving hits, I know where to get me some.

According to their menu:

3-layered cherry cocoa vanilla pound cake slathered all over with a lemon cream cheese icing

So here's my short review: the cake was good but not great. It might have been the pound cake that lacked a little flavor, I don't know. It just didn't get me to finish one slice and buy another. Believe me, I had planned to buy a slice to take home. I ended up having more than half of the slice packed up in a to-go bag.

Maybe it wasn't freshly baked? Sat in their display cooler for more than a day? I was disappointed, I didn't find the cake I was looking/hoping for.

But fear not! I have a couple more options to try out: Room For Dessert and Marmalade Pantry (cupcakes!). I hope I find something better there.

Do you know of any other place that serves red velvet desserts? Do let me know.

Food For Thought - North Bridge
420 North Bridge Road
North Bridge Centre #01-06
T: +65 6338 8724
E: eat@foodforthought.com.sg (reservations and inquiries)
W: www.foodforthought.com.sg

Opening Hours: Mon - Sat 10a.m. - 10p.m.
Kitchen Opening Hours: 11.30a.m. - 2.30 p.m. (lunch) and 5.30p.m. - 9p.m. (dinner)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...