Monday, October 18, 2010

Kakiage Soba @ Sushi Tei


After a day a hot day on the beach and cold hour in a movie theatre, nothing beats a good bowl of Japanese soba.

My friend and I decided to have Japanese for dinner at Sushi Tei in VivoCity. I had tried this restaurant ages ago but never went back. Not because of the food but because of the long queue it always seems to have -- which is supposedly a good sign when dining in Singapore. I say supposedly because some restaurants with long queues I don't like. Oh well, to each his own.

I ordered their Kakiage Soba (S$10) which is basically soba noodles in soya sauce soup with a side of fried vegetables and prawn patty. The soba noodles in soya sauce was good but the kakiage was too dry and floury for me. When you order this dish, you can actually choose between soba, ramen or udon. Each noodle gives you a different soup: miso or pork-based. Since I don't like miso and well, pork you know I can't have -- left me with the choice of soba.

And of course when in a Japanese restaurant, who can resist a plate of salmon sashimi. Sushi Tei's was very fresh and generously sized.



Sushi Tei
VivoCity
1 Harbour Front Walk
#02-152/153 VivoCity
Singapore 098585
www.sushitei.com

Telephone +65 6376 9591
Facsimile +65 6376 9592


Opening Hours
11.30am to 10.00pm daily
(last order 9.30pm)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...