Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cucumber and Tomato Salad - Home Cooked


Whenever I didn't like anything served on the table, this dish has always been a life saver for me (and the cook, and my mom... I think I may be a tad spoiled).

It's very simple. Traditionally -- at least in our home, it's just cucumber sliced with vinegar. But for this time, I had some fresh tomatoes too good to pass up. So, you slice up the cucumber into thin slices or thick, it depends on you. I personally love them paper thin. Put them in a bowl. Slice or in this case, I cubed the tomatoes and put them together with the sliced cucumbers in a bowl. Put the mixed ingredients into the refrigerator to cool. Just before you serve the dish, pour vinegar over it and sprinkle a dash of salt to taste or not, up to you. And that's it. Like I said, simple.





This is what I served with the salad. A nice cup of steaming white rice and sweet corn on the cob. The corn was also fresh so I couldn't resist adding it to the meal. Is it a weird combination? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...