Saturday, October 16, 2010

Mushroom Risotto @ Jones the Grocer


I've heard about Jones the Grocer before but never had the chance to try it. With a friend visiting from out of town, it was the perfect time to drop by their Mandarin Gallery branch.

I perused their menu but the minute I saw the words risotto, you know I had to get it. I had their Mushroom Risotto while my friend had their Jones Wagyu Beef Burger (S$26.50). We also had their Carrot Cake and Strawberry Shortcake to finish off the meal (pictures below).

Their Mushroom Risotto (S$25.50) was delicious. The risotto was perfectly cooked and topped with freshly sliced parmesan cheese. Side note: they are supposedly famous for their fromagerie and tapas. Anyway, my only minus point for the mushroom risotto dish was I thought it had too much onion mixed in. But maybe that's just me since I am not a big fan of onions.

Now for the desserts, it was both lovely and perfect. The carrot cake was moist and the frosting was sweet and delicious. The strawberry shortcake was very light but tasty. I am not a fan of the strawberry fruit but the cake and frosting were excellent.

Overall, Jones the Grocer has nice ambience for small gatherings among girlfriends while you gossip over artisan cheese and yummy main courses. It also has a bakery beside the cafe which I may go back and try.

Jones Wagyu Beef Burger

Carrot Cake

Strawberry Shortcake

Jones the Grocer
333A Orchard Road
Level 4 #21-23 Mandarin Gallery
Singapore, 238897 Tel: +65 6836 6372
e-mail: mandaringallery@jonesthegrocer.com
www.jonesthegrocer.com


Trading Hours:
Monday - Sunday
9:00am – 11:00pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...