Saturday, November 6, 2010

Rich Chocolate Cupcake @ Awfully Chocolate


I have heard of Awfully Chocolate from friends' postings on Facebook and some desserts blog online. So when I finally realized that it was that chocolate store in Vivo City, I had to stop by and get some for home.

I may have ordered more of half of what they had available that afternoon. I took home a slice of their White Chocolate Butterscotch, another slice of their Super Stacked Chocolate Cake and two cupcakes: chocolate and white chocolate (pictured above).

According to their website:

White Chocolate Butterscotch = A unique combination of white chocolate and sweet-salty butterscotch with a dark chocolate swiss roll

Super Stacked Chocolate Cake = A thicker, richer version of our All Chocolate cake with more bite, with different kinds of chocolate used for the six inner and outer fudge layers

Rich Chocolate & White Chocolate Cupcakes = Soft chocolate cupcakes dressed in delicious soft dark chocolate frosting with a dollop of dark chocolate fudge or with white chocolate milk frosting drizzled with dark chocolate fudge

As of this posting, I have only tried their Rich Chocolate Cupcake and boy were they right to put "rich" before that name. It was a moist chocolate cupcake topped with dark chocolate frosting and a penny-sized drop of dark chocolate fudge in the middle. I love the dark chocolate frosting, perfect blend of sweet and bitter. Unless you're a serious chocoholic, you probably can't have more than one cupcake in one sitting. It was that rich. The cupcake itself was very moist and perfect partner for the frosting.

Awfully Chocolate is said to have their own proprietary recipe of chocolate used in their products. So it's a unique taste just for them. Something you would not be able to get anywhere else.

I cannot wait to try out the other goodies I brought home with me. I also would definitely drop by the store again to check out their other offerings, particularly their Chocolate Banana Cake. Chocolate + Banana = heaven in your mouth.


I only have photos of the cupcakes so far, so shots of the cakes would have to wait until I actually get ready to eat them. I'm thinking tomorrow. :-)

Awfully Chocolate - VivoCity
1 HarbourFront Walk
01-156 VivoCity Singapore 098585
T: (65) 6410 9725
F: (65) 6224 5507
www.awfullychocolate.com


Open 10am - 10pm daily


FYI: they have 6 other branches in Singapore as well as branches in Shanghai, Hong Kong, Taipei, Beijing, Jakarta, Dalian and Guangzhou

2 comments:

  1. Ohh my goodness, this place must be incredible! Those cupcakes look so luscious

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one in Vivo City is actually just a small place with only 3 tables. It doesn't have a very wide selection of desserts but what they do have (at least so far from what I've tasted) are very, very yummy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...