Friday, November 19, 2010

Fried Calamari @ Fish & Co


A pescetarian's haven -- what else can a restaurant called Fish & Co. be? Even back in the Philippines, and when I was still a carnivore, it has always been a favorite of mine. My friends and I would treat ourselves to lunch at Fish & Co whenever we've had a few stressful days at work. It's comfort food.

Now that my meal options are limited, Fish & Co is a godsend. You don't have to skip over 90% of the menu to find the only one (or two) dish that you can have. Fish & Co's menu is full of seafood options from all kinds of fish to prawns to crab -- grilled or fried, in pasta or in pizza and more. 

For this trip, I ordered my favorite -- the Fried Calamari. It is actually under the appetizer section to share but I more often than not order it as my main with a side order of their Paella Rice. The calamari was a bit tough this time but breading was tasty as always and best dipped in their chili sauce. The serving is generous so even as a main dish, this can still be shared by two.

I also ordered their soup of the day as part of their set menu (soup + drink = $5). It was Fish Chowder and it was yum. Not the usual watery soups you get when you order any "set meal". 



Fish & Co.
Bugis Junction
80 Middle Road, #01-90/91
Singapore 166201
T: 6338 2836
F: 6338 2846
www.fish-co.com

Opening Hours:
Sun - Thurs / PH: 11:30am to 9:30pm
Fri - Sat / Eve of PH: 11:30am to 10pm
*Alfresco dining available

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...