Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tomato, Ricotta & Spinach Fusilli - Home Cooked


I'm sure I am not the only one out there who enjoys grocery shopping. It's fun to go into a supermarket with no idea of what you want but just letting whatever you might discover dictate what you'll have for your next meal.

One of my favorite lanes in a supermarket is their pasta lane. I especially enjoy it more now with all kinds of pastas being offered. From my perennial favorite the fusilli to spinach flavored pasta to pre-stuffed raviolis. The section for bottled pasta sauces is also a haven for quick and easy meals. I've discovered many a yummy pasta sauces there. One such discovery is Leggo's Tomato, Ricotta & Spinach sauce from their Pasta Bake range. Traditionally, it's supposed to be baked in an oven but since I didn't have one in the apartment, I had to make do.

Ingredients:
- pasta, any kind you want
- Leggo's Tomato, Ricotta & Spinach pasta sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Tabasco sauce

How:
1. Boil and cook pasta as instructed in the package
2. Once cooked, stir in the pasta sauce. Stir in as much as is needed based on the amount of pasta cooked.
3. Once pasta is covered with the sauce and sufficiently hot, place in your serving plate and top with shredded mozzarella cheese (which melts beautifully into the hot pasta).
Optional: Put in a few drops of Tabasco sauce for a kick of flavor. I find that pasta sauces with cheese tend to be too sweet for my taste.

This really works for any bottled pasta sauce you have on hand so go and try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...