Saturday, November 27, 2010

Lotus Paste Pao @ Tanjong Rhu Pau & Confectionery


The Tanjong Rhu Pau & Confectionery is near my place and if I just get off one bus stop before my regular one, I can pass by this place and grab a few paos (pau?) for dinner.

Before I gave up beef, pork, chicken, lamb, etc., I loved Tanjong Rhu Pau's pork bun with egg and their char siew buns. Now, I just treat myself to their lotus paste buns.

According to Wikipedia:
Lotus seed paste is a Chinese dessert ingredient made from dried lotus seeds. It is traditionally considered as a luxurious ingredient.

This is the same ingredient you usually find in mooncakes and it's heavenly in a hot steaming bun. That's my advice -- when you buy lotus buns, try to eat them while they're still hot. The lotus paste is creamier and tastier that way. If you've got leftovers, steam them again before you eat another serving.

I also ordered one of those yellow buns which for the life of me I cannot recall the name of. Anyone? Help?

The lotus paste and red bean buns or paos in Tanjong Rhu are mini in size. You can eat one lotus pao in one bite, two at the most. The ones with meat are bigger in size but still smaller compared to the regular siopaos out there.

Tanjong Rhu Pau & Confectionery
Corner of Lor 34 & Guillemard Road

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...