Monday, October 11, 2010

Mango Sago @ Honeymoon Dessert


One Saturday at VivoCity, a friend from Beijing decided I needed to try some authentic Chinese desserts. We find a small but bustling place in the mall called Honeymoon Dessert.

They offered a lot of options some of which I felt shouldn't be considered as "desserts". For me desserts should be sweet, cold, fruity or creamy. I avoided anything that was hot or anything that had bean, potato, tofu or ginger in it.

I ended up ordering the very safe Mango Sago (right) while my friend ordered the Mango Pomelo & Sago Sweet Soup (left). Right off, let me just say that both were delicious.

The Mango Sago was just like the Pinoy version of it except for the fact that one serving had half a mango instead of cubes or balls. I really appreciated the generous serving plus thankful that this mango was sweet and ripe. The Mango Pomelo & Sago Sweet Soup was just like the Mango Sago but with additional ingredients of  pomelo and coconut milk.

I would definitely go back to Honeymoon Dessert for another serving of their Mango Sago but it'll be a long time before I try my hand on the other "desserts". Desserts are priced from S$3.50 to S$8.50.

Honeymoon Dessert
1 Harbourfront Walk
Unit #01-93, Vivo City
Singapore 098585
www.honeymoon-dessert.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...