Monday, October 18, 2010

Assorted Mushrooms @ Beerthai House Restaurant


It's a Meatless Monday for me! And I find myself at Beerthai House Restaurant once again.

Over the weekend I read an article from PETA called Top 10 Reasons Not to Eat Shrimp. That title really grabbed my attention because if you've read my previous entries you would know I love shrimp and prawns. They are actually one of the reasons why I decided to go pescetarian instead of vegetarian. The #8 reason listed on the article was the worst for me. They called it "cholesterol bombs" -- with a whopping 152 milligrams of cholesterol per 100-gram serving of shrimp (four or five shrimp), just two servings would put you over the daily recommended allowance of 300 milligrams of cholesterol!

And right there is my other reason for giving up meat. Cholesterol is so my enemy. So for now, it will be strict moderation for me. And to start that off, I went for a Meatless Monday lunch at Beerthai House Restaurant.

I ordered their Assorted Mushrooms (S$10-12) dish which was simply different kinds of mushrooms sauteed with garlic and enoki or golden mushrooms deep fried in batter (the one in the flour cup). There were button mushrooms, shiitake, crimini and more I did not recognize. Along with the mushrooms were slices of carrots and placed over a bed of Chinese broccoli. Overall it was a light and simple dish and definitely something I'd order again.

Beerthai House Restaurant
Golden Mile Complex #01-96
5001 Beach Road, (S)199588
Tel: 63922491

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...