Monday, July 5, 2010

Tuna Fusilli In Golden Honey Mustard Sauce - Home Cooked



Another home cooked meal on this blog! I was looking around for canned tomato sauce in the market when I came across the section for different kinds of sauces, that day I bought two. One was the Bertolli Mushroom Alfredo Sauce featured here and the second one was for this recipe: Chicken Tonight in Golden Honey Mustard.

Now, I know -- Chicken Tonight sauce for a pescetarian? Believe me, I read that label up, down, circling the jar over and over in my hand, trying to figure out if this was okay. As far as I've read on the label, all ingredients were "safe". No chicken. I was intrigued with the Golden Honey Mustard part and figured I could substitute the chicken with tuna. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself and as always when I cook at home, it was simple and very easy to do.

What you'll need:

  • Chicken Tonight sauce in Golden Honey Mustard flavor
  • Canned tuna in oil or water
  • Pasta, fusilli
  • Pepper to taste

(1) Boil pasta as instructed in the package
(2) On another burner, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the pan. This is if you're using canned tuna in water. However, since I was using canned tuna in oil, I just heated the pan and directly poured the tuna cooking it in its own oil. Sprinkle some pepper to put some flavor in the tuna.
(3) Pour the jar of Golden Honey Mustard sauce, as much as needed. For me, I used two cans of tuna with 1 jar of sauce which is probably good for 2 persons.
(4) Stir and mix. Turn burner to low and simmer until pasta is cooked.
(5) Place pasta in serving dish and pour the tuna with the sauce over it.

And you're done! Simple and hearty meal for you.

I personally loved this sauce because it had onions and carrots which was great with the tuna and brought some color to the otherwise bland looking dish.

Note: I suck at plating!

~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...