Friday, July 9, 2010

Double Crunchy Shrimp @ Applebee's



Applebee's was already a familiar brand to me although I haven't tried it out before. All I knew was that it was an American brand with a menu like Chili's and Friday's. It recently opened in Singapore but unfortunately in a not very convenient location (from my perspective or area I guess). So when we happened to be in the area one day, we tried it out.

I ordered their Double Crunchy Shrimp. It looked pretty appetizing on their menu but when it got to the table, let's just say it was a let down. It looked more like an appetizer dish rather than a main entree.

Taste-wise it wasn't bad nor was it amazingly yummy. Not entirely sure where the "double crunchy" bit came from. It was just like deep fried breaded shrimp. Good but nothing new.

It is served with tartar sauce, coleslaw, fries, and of course a wedge of lemon. I really think this is more suited to be an appetizer or pica-pica for drinking sessions.

There were other interesting items on their menu so I'll definitely go back but probably won't order this again unless to share with friends.

Applebee's
111 Somerset Road
#01-11/12 TripleOne Somerset
Singapore
T: 6735 9671
www.applebees.com


Opening Hours
Sun–Thu: 11am – 10pm 
Fri–Sat: 11am – 12am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...