Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pan Fried Dory and Grilled Shrimps @ Hot Tomato


This is what was for lunch today. I was out of my usual lunch area for errands and after all those were done, I ended up at Hot Tomato Cafe & Grill.

I first discovered this cafe at their Plaza Singapura branch in Dhoby Ghaut. I usually have their Salmon with Mango Salsa (which is delicious by the way) but today I felt like I've had too much salmon in my diet already so I ordered their Pan Grilled Dory with Grilled Shrimps.

The dish had 2 fillets of dory and 2 pieces of shrimp served with mashed potatoes and a simple salad. The serving size of the fish was okay but the shrimp could have been bigger. Overall though, with both fish and shrimp plus the potatoes, it was a good enough serving for one person.

The mashed potato was pretty good but a bit dry. Thankfully there was enough sauce that was drizzled over the fish to give it some flavor. The dressing for the salad was also very good. It was kind of like a lemon-y vinaigrette. I actually ended up mixing the mashed potatoes in with the sauce from the fish and dressing from the salad, turned out to be delicious.


Hot Tomato Cafe & Grill
313 Orchard Road 
#B3-35/36 313 @ Somerset 
Singapore 238895
T: +65 6884 6631


Opening Hours
Daily: 11am – 10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...