Friday, August 20, 2010

Basic French Toast - Home Cooked


It's my birthday today so what better way to start the day but with some yummy french toast. It's a really very basic recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • sliced bread
  • butter
  • sugar and syrup, optional

How to cook:

Mix the milk and eggs in a bowl. Dip the bread into the mixture. Melt butter on the pan and then place the dipped bread, cook and flip until both sides are brown. Place on a plate, sprinkle with confectioners sugar and drizzle with maple syrup.

I didn't have maple syrup so I just used condensed milk to sweeten the dish. The leftover milk and egg mixture, I cooked like an omelette.

Happy cooking and happy birthday to me! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...