Friday, June 25, 2010

Garlic Seafood Rice @ Aglio Olio


Aglio Olio markets itself as "Singapore's version of pasta". While their pasta is not bad, I go to this restaurant for their Garlic Seafood Fried Rice (pictured above). I happened to order this on my second visit where I really didn't feel like eating pasta and was not tempted by their other non-pasta dishes. They have a good selection of dishes. You can visit their website for view their menu. It comes in a respectable serving size and full of seafood: a mussel (yes, just one but not a scrawny one so it's not bad), prawns, squid, fish and crabstick. When you order, you are asked for your preference of spiciness from mild to extra spicy. I find their normal level spicy enough. Now take note, I love spicy food so my "normal" may be too spicy for some. I recommend you go with mild at your first visit.

After my lunch, I head off to Red Mango a few doors down for a strawberry frozen yogurt with mango topping. Great to remove the spicy aftertaste in your mouth. 



Aglio Olio
8 Shenton Way, #B1-14
Singapore 068811
Tel: 6226 1622

Red Mango
8 Shenton Way, #B1-06
Singapore 068811
Tel: 6893 1680 (main office)
www.redmangosg.com

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Both look deeelish! I have been a pescetarian for about 5 months now, and it's getting easier as I go along. I'm also considering going vegetarian but it looks like I'll stick with pescetarianism for the time being.

    Glad more pescetarians are blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...